Re: Peeping Tom (was Re: RARA-AVIS: The Conversation)

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 09 Oct 2007

Reading back what I wrote, I see how you read that I was saying Powell must have been a perv if he made this movie, that the main character was him. However, that's not what I meant (even if it is pretty much what I wrote). Let me try again. Patrick was saying the character and plot was twisted, not the movie, as I had earlier said. I was trying to say that the movie was also twisted due to Powell's skill at putting himself and us in the position of the killer, especially when he is killing. We are seeing what he sees. To me, this makes it a twisted film. Judging by your comment ("If anything, your reaction is a testament to how creepy, twisted and successful 'Peeping Tom' is as a film"), it sounds like we agree on that point.

Mark