RARA-AVIS: Re: Westlake

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Oct 2007

I am very fond of Westlake's _The Busy Body_, which is humorous and dark at the same time (at botttom the situation is serious, not farcical). I have lost track of which books of his I've read over the years. The comic ones tend to blur, though I do like the Dortmunder books very much. Westlake could make a living writing comedy scripts. I am surprised that the Dortmunder saga has not been serialized for TV
(or has it?).

Glad to know there is a new Parker. I buy those right away, always. They can be reread after a couple of years, too.

I do wish Westlake had continued with his standalone noirs after _The Ax_ and _The Hook_, really excellent books. But with Parker and Dortmunder he's probably too busy as it is, and perhaps the standalone noirs don't sell so well.

Best,

mrt