RARA-AVIS: Re: RIP John Gardner

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 13 Aug 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Zeltserman" <dz@...> wrote:

> Is this the same John Gardner who wrote "The Art of Fiction"?
>
> --Dave Zeltserman

No, that John Gardner was an American writer who died in a motorcycle accident in 1982. A couple of years ago I was amused to see an eBay item featuring two novels by John Gardner. One was the Britsh Gardner's 1965 novel THE UNDERSTRIKE and the other was the American Gardner's THE SUNLIGHT DIALOGUES. I bid and won the auction as I didn't have the second of the Boysie Oakes novel. I have not read the other Gardner's book as yet but it looks interesting and I found THE ART OF FICTION a useful book.

Richard Moore