Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Real Cool Killers

From: Allan Guthrie ( allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 18 Jul 2007

That's the second mention of the Simon I've come across today. Haven't read it but it sounds like fun. Also came across some other names that were new to me in this recent piece on black crime fiction by Brian Lindenmuth at Mystery Bookspot. http://www.fantasybookspot.com/node/1880 He says in the comments that it's his first article. It's long but it's highly digestible and extremely informative. I hope there's more to come.

The above also got me looking through my Donald Goines novels, and I noticed that the protagonist of WHITE MAN'S JUSTICE, BLACK MAN'S GRIEF (which I haven't yet read) is called Chester Hines.

Al