Re: RARA-AVIS: New noir . . .

From: Stephen Burridge ( stephen.burridge@gmail.com)
Date: 12 May 2007

I've only recently discovered Daniel Woodrell's books, and I've read 3 of them so far. I think they are practically in a class of their own, each different and beautifully written.

I've read most of the other writers mentioned and I agree they are good. This is a genre that still seems to interest smart and talented writers. I don't know about genealogies and lineages, but noir in general seems to have had a huge and continuing influence.

Stephen Burridge