Re: RARA-AVIS: Women Taking the Wheel From Men--Vicki Hendricks

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 07 May 2007

Jack said:

It's hard to see where Eddie stands on this issue. I thinks he's against, but he does throw compliments Vicki's way, comparing her to David Goodis and James M. Cain. I have put "Cruel Poetry" on my "to get" list. I've slowed my book buying to "Will I read this right away." I have too many in my TBR stack.

Right now, I'm in the middle of Cormac McCarthy's "No Country for Old Men."

You might have to cut and paste to put these two lines of the URL together:

_http://www.sfgate.http://www.shttp://www.s_
(http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?) f=/c/a/2007/f=/c/a/2007/<WBRf=/c/

Jeez, Jack! I hope people will read the review themselves instead of just your bleak interpretation. I was really excited and thought it was fabulously positive. Okay, he didn't like the title, but otherwise, it's all interesting compliments. David Corbett sent it to me and he thought it was wonderful too. For me, it doesn't get much better than "characters in lean, desire-driven plots rushing relentlessly toward oblivion." I guess that's what I like. I sure hope people don't follow your example and slow down their book buying just when my novel comes out! Vicki