RARA-AVIS: Women Taking the Wheel From Men--Vicki Hendricks

From: Jack Bludis ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 May 2007

I thought you might like to see a review of Vicki Hendricks's "Cruel Poetry" by Eddie Muller in his San Francisco Chronicle crime reveiews.

An interesting line in the review is: "Hendricks has carved out a wet, throbbing niche for herself in the crime fiction genre -- sex- saturated thrillers..."

It's hard to see where Eddie stands on this issue. I thinks he's against, but he does throw compliments Vicki's way, comparing her to David Goodis and James M. Cain. I have put "Cruel Poetry" on my "to get" list. I've slowed my book buying to "Will I read this right away." I have too many in my TBR stack.

Right now, I'm in the middle of Cormac McCarthy's "No Country for Old Men."

You might have to cut and paste to put these two lines of the URL together:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi? f=/c/a/2007/05/06/RVGIPPH4M21.DTL

Jack Bludis