Re: RARA-AVIS: The Guns of Heaven by Pete Hamill

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 27 Apr 2007

I have not read The Guns of Heaven but I did read the first two Sam Brisco novels published by Bantam in the late 1970s and recall being disappointed because I admired Hamill's journalism and expected to like his series. The first two books seemed very derivative and the writing was surprisingly pedestrian. Perhaps it all came together in Guns.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "R. & J. Clinton"
<clinton65@...> wrote:

> From: "e_lynskey" <e_lynskey@...>
> > Pete Hamill's The Guns of Heaven, ... Hamill's prose is
accessible