RE : Re: RARA-AVIS: Quick Ken Bruen Questions

From: E. Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 23 Mar 2007

I'm a little bit late with my comments.
  The R&B series has to be read in order, I agree. The first one is the best, the rest is still funny but maybe is the result of quick writing...
  Bruen's Jack Taylor series, is IMHO of a better sort.
  Read the first one first (The Guards), and after this the order is of secondary importance. "The Guards" is a real gripping novel, noir, tough and full of ambiguity: an excellent read. Not as atypical as R&B, but reaching deeper layers; humor is also of another kind here: noir irony and cynicism, not caricatures and pure black humor as in the White Trilogy.

  E.Borgers
  HARD-BOILED MYSTERIES
  http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

uplandharmabooks < uplandharmabooks@yahoo.com> a 飲it :
          Thanks for the advice, guys! I'm going to order the paperback reprint of the trilogy. Thanks again!

Amy peace