Re: RARA-AVIS: Postmodernism and literature

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 22 Mar 2007

> which reminds me. Other than Gresham's Nightmare
> Alley, are there any circus or carnival noirs worth
> checking out?

Robert Edmond Alter's Carny Kill. Alter was a great, but-underrated writer. For some reason this sort of blends in with Nightmare Alley in my memory. Swamp Sister was his contribution to Swamp Lit. Another excellent book and the book that got me interested in that sub-genre, along with Whittington's A Moment to Prey.

Jeff