Re: RARA-AVIS: Clarence L. Cooper?

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 19 Mar 2007

Ed:

"I looked in Geoffrey O'Brien's HARDBOILED AMERICA, and he gives in his Checklists one of Cooper's books (THE SCENE) from 1960. I've enjoyed Himes. I haven't read Vern E. Jones but will."

The Scene was one of Cooper's books put out by Old School Books (Payback Press's catalog in the UK had a fair amount of overlap with Old School). Oh, and they did print The Farm, too.

Oh, and I made a mistake -- The Jones Men was by Vern E. Smith, not Jones. I'm pretty sure it was Smith's only book, but it was very good, built on his news reporting of the drug trade.

Mark