RARA-AVIS: Re: Lehane & coming of age stories

From: Bookbitch ( BookBitch@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Mar 2007

Just had to add my two cents - I loved both Mystic River and Shutter Island. I think Lehane is one of the most brilliant crime writers today.
  On another note, has anyone read Sweet Dream Baby by Sterling Watson? It's a coming of age story set in small town Florida in the 1950's and is very chilling. It was my understanding that it was supposed to be the first book of a trilogy, but that was like 2003 or so and nothing since. I really liked this book but it was one of those that really flew under the wire.
  Cheers, Stacy
  I am the BookBitch
 <http://www.bookbitch.com/> www.bookbitch.com Win a free copy of CON ED by Matthew Klein, SUGAR DADDY by Lisa Kleypas, THEN WE CAME TO THE END by Joshua Ferris or lots of other great books!