Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Who changed the noir writing ?

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 14 Mar 2007

On 3/14/07, vagrantpacific < pacificvagrant@gmail.com> wrote:

  Ellis is way, way overrated. Jason Starr is Ellis with the ability to plot a story, create believable characters and write something interesting without relying on cutesy po-mo gimmicks.I don't know that Starr has changed noir writing (It's kind of early to tell), but he's a better chronicler of urban despair and nihilism than Ellis could ever hope to be.

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com <rara-avis-l%40yahoogroups.com>,