RARA-AVIS: COMBAT SOLDIER by Dennis Lynds

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Mar 2007

I recently bought Dennis's first book, COMBAT SOLDIER, a military novel based on his own WW2 experiences. He was able to get it back in print a year or so before he died through an agreement reached beween the Authors Guild and Iuniverse.

It's everything you might expect from a Lynds work, tough, professional, thought-provoking, insightful. It's surprisingly accomplished for a first novel. If I hadn't have known it was his debut work, I'd have supposed it was something from much later in his career.

It's not a mystery, but I think most of the people on this list, particularly those who got to know him during his short time as a Rare Bird, would be very interested in COMBAT SOLDIER, and I highly recommend it.

JIM DOHERTY

____________________________________________________________________________________ Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check. Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta. http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html