RARA-AVIS: Re: Alistair MacLean questions

From: Vladimir ( kerwud@yandex.ru)
Date: 05 Mar 2007

Hi Jury!

Perhaps some answers to your Alistair MacLean's questions you can find in my complete bibliography here http://rraymond.narod.ru/maclean-bib.htm

As to the real name of the author Alastair MacNeill I do not know. It is very similar to a pseudonym... I have found only such information: Alastair (John) MacNeill was born in Greenock, Scotland in 1960. His family emigrated to South Africa when he was six, settling in the coastal city of East London. On finishing school he did a three year course in hotel management at the Hotel School in Johannesburg. He worked in the hotel industry for several years after leaving college but, having nurtured a keen interest in writing since his teens, he returned to the United Kingdom in 1985 hoping to pursue a career as a writer. He submitted a manuscript to Collins Publishers and, on the strength of it, was offered the chance to write a novel based on an outline by the late Alistair MacLean. He eventually wrote seven novels based on MacLean synopses and has also written five novels under his own name. He lives in Sheffield. (2006).

Best regards Vladimir http://rraymond.narod.ru/contents.htm

p.s. What about a novel: "Fire of Humiliation". by Alistair MacLean
(Sitare Ltd [US publisher -?*], 1993)
(hardcover, released: October 1993; ISBN-10: 0940178494; ISBN-13: 978- 0940178496) Anybody see or read it? A new (lost) Alistair novel?