RARA-AVIS: Re: College Course Credit for Detective Fiction

From: bethfoxwell ( WEBRmystery@lycos.com)
Date: 21 Jan 2007

1) Have a look at Lee Horsley's Crime Culture Web site, which lists some sample courses at various higher education institutions, and a link to popular culture courses at US, UK, and Australian universities:

http://www.crimeculture.com/Contents/Courses.html

2) Don't forget the Detective/Mystery Caucus of the Popular Culture Association. Most of the folks involved in the caucus regularly teach mystery courses.

The program of the 2007 annual conference to be held in Boston provides titles of papers that will be presented by these individuals:

http://www.popularculture.org

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Foxwell Managing Editor, _Clues: A Journal of Detection_
(the only US academic journal on mystery and detective fiction) http://www.heldref.org/clues.php