Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir with no crime?

From: funkmasterj@runbox.com
Date: 09 Jan 2007

For my folklore grad program, we had to read an article on cock fighting. The author was a folklorist/anthropologist who visited a Central American/South American country (can't remember which). He and his wife tried to study the indigenous people. However, the people wouldn't open up to them. That is, until during an attendance of a cock fight, they ran away like the natives when the cock fight was raided by the police. They ran into a house where the people set up lunch and when the police came, the home owner said, they hadn't attended the cock fight, they'd been having lunch with these distinguished professors. After that, the author and his wife fight in. The author proceeded to study/talk more about the culture of cockfighting (the bird representing its owner, etc).

Jordan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: