Re: RE : RARA-AVIS: Bukowski

From: scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 05 Jan 2007

There used to be a very good Charles Bukowski Reader available, called, with admirable precision, A Charles Bukowski Reader. It was my introduction to Chuck and included poetry and extracts from his novels - which may serve only as
 spoilers if you want to read the whole things at a later date, but didn't put me off.
  Locked in the Arms of a Crazy Life is a good biography. I'm yet to read Pulp and to be frank have never really thought of Buk as a noir or hardboiled writer. His direct inspiration was John Fante, who you also might want to look at: wasn't Ask the Dust filmed recently?
  Regards,
  Colin

  Join my Church: www.myspace.com/thereverendspadgedooley