RARA-AVIS: Dark Harvest article

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 Jan 2007

I spent a few minutes reading Barry Hannah's article on noir in the southern literary magazine, Oxford something or other. I almost didn't finish it. The first four paragraphs were worthless. After that he decided to actually get down to the subject. He mentioned some great noir fiction classics, but he didn't shed any new light on the subject, or even frame it with any particular clarity. He spends a couple useless paragraphs describing several of what he considers unbelievable portrayals of murder in Hammett's Red Harvest. I do give him credit for mentioning Faulkner's Sanctuary.

I read a short and unmemorable novel by Hannah here recently. This article was of the same caliber.

miker