Re: RARA-AVIS: Dark Harvest article

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 11 Jan 2007

I can't say that I'm at all surprised by this, Miker. After all, "literary" these days seems to pretty much be a watchword for "pretenious" and "dismissive of "non-literary" fiction. Also, why would a "literary" author actually have any sort of structure to a non-fiction piece he does? Structure, plot, narrative flow, etc., are all currently frowned upon by what passes for the smart set in "literary" fiction.

All of this is a large part of why a friend of mine refers (rightly, I think) to literary fiction as "just another genre."

Happy New Year-

Brian