RARA-AVIS: Re: From McCarthy's The Road

From: cptpipes2000 ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 18 Nov 2006

miker quoted The Road including the following:
> He is coming to steal my eyes. To seal my mouth with dirt."

Hot damn, I love that book too. Yes, it would be simple to write a hacky parody of it, but that makes it no less moving. I hated to put it down.

It has been a terrific few months for hardboiled in noir, what with The Night Gardener, The Road, Echo Park and now the latest from Woodrell. I try to keep up with everything from Hard Case Crime, but I got a month off since I'd already read Bell's The Straight Cut. Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy of the Peter Hamill book. The lone copy of the original version has long since disappeared from my local library.

best to all, Chris