Re: RARA-AVIS: The Big Book of Noir (was Re: NOIR FICTION, by Paul Duncan)

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 25 Sep 2006

Jordan,

Due to the fact that THE BIG BOOK OF NOIR was published in 1998 and that quite a few Avians were contributers, the book content was discussed in deep at the time. My own piece, "S鲩e Noire", was part of book as well.

Glad to hear you enjoyed TBBN and that it helped you to find your way in the noir jungle.

E.Borgers HARD-BOILED MYSTERIES http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

Jordan McPeek :
> [Note from list-owner: It's my fault this didn't go through promptly. I apologize. -- Bill Denton]
>
> Etienne wrote:
>
> If my memory serves me well, Mr. Duncan was for a while part of R-A discussions
> some long time ago....I think a lot of his ideas about roots of noir and some
> other views on noir itself are coming from our discussions of that time and
> from our group. At least -if what I remember is correct- he knows where *real *
> noir aficionados gather.
>
> *************
>
> And so he did (does). Here's what he says about R-A in the Resources section
> at the back of his book:
>
> "Highly recommended Hard-Boiled/Noir newsgroup monitored by William Denton.
> Always interesting. Always controversial. Full of writers, editors, agents
> and readers who are all fans of the genre."
>
> He also has a short bibliography (with brief comments) of reference books, most
> of which have been named here in recent weeks. One that Duncan mentions which
> I don't recall coming up here recently is Gorman, Server, & Greenburg's Big
> Book of Noir. That book helped me realize that the stories I liked were a
> genre, and became a favourite reference as I scoured the used bookstores and
> the Children's Hospital booksale.
>
> Jordan in Winnipeg

___________________________________________________________________________ D飯uvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/R鰯nses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos exp鲩ences. http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)