RARA-AVIS: Henry Kane

From: Mark Francis ( mingus2225@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Sep 2006

Just finished Mask for Murder (aka Laughter Came Screaming) by this
  seemingly prolific author, and was wondering about his other work,
  what people would recommend and any worth avoiding. I was not familiar
  with him at all (name sure sounds like a pseudonym) and just picked it up
  based on the plot description - and lurid cover art/blurb, I'll admit.

  <i>MfM</i> was a pretty decent read, well-paced and plotted, with
  the always-appealing hook of our main character leading a double life
  as criminal and upstanding society man. The writing was not expert, but
  more than serviceable, sort of a "Goodis Lite" with the tale of a man on
  the run from his criminal deeds, foolishly attempting to avoid his certain
  fate. I would recommend it, and would love to hear anyone else's impressions
  of Kane and recommendations of further reading.

          http://groovetime.blogspot.com - Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye

--------------------------------- Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional