Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled hoboes?

From: david david ( davividavid@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Sep 2006

we were talking about Cain, and I remember the first line of Postman is, "They threw me off the hay truck about noon." He isn't a hobo throughout the story, but it seems like the protagonist was hoboing prior to getting the gig at the diner.

edward andersen's only other published book besides Thieves Like Us, Hungry Men, is supposedly a classic hobo novel. which leads to an additional question: what other noir writers have also written hobo tales?