RE: RARA-AVIS: Bruen's Calibre

From: Chris M ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 22 Aug 2006

From Stewart:
>Some short comments on very recent reading:
>
> CALIBRE by Ken Bruen...It has some of the first person/third person
>alternating chapters style (which I dislike) going, but the first
>person is yelling at the reader to read Jim Thompson, so I can forgive
>it in this case.

HA!

I think I've gone on record too as not liking books with the serial killer alternating chapters in first person (especially when it involves the use of italics!), but it didn't bug me at all with Calibre. I guess this is the first time a character like that has a voice I didn't mind.

Otherwise, I'll echo Stewart's comments that this was a great read.