Re: RARA-AVIS: Bruen's Calibre

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dz@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 22 Aug 2006

Usually alternating first and third persons bugs the hell out of me, but I enjoyed this book a lot-very clever fun book, and a nice tribute to both Ed McBain and Jim Thompson. What I liked most about it, other than Ken's unique style, is all the bad behavior by the cops--especially with the bad manners murderer on the loose, with several of the cops seeming more deranged than the killer. I highly recommend this book also.

--Dave