Re: RARA-AVIS: Grang麠Les Rivi貥s pourpres (1998)

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 21 Jun 2006

Karin,
 Welcome to the club. I myself disliked this Grang頴hriller having too many convolutions and unnecessary voyeurism attached to it. I never quite understood why this book received such an acclaim in France.

Further warning: stay away from the *film*... even worst. At a certain moment the whole thing hits a black hole and it is as if the film maker did not understand the main intrigue anymore, plus everything is traded in for more and more unnecessary "special effects". I saw it twice, and I'm not the source of misunderstanding, believe me! I do not know if the DVD (as it did in the French edition- so maybe in Canada is it he same DVD??) in the US still carries the bonus with an interview combining declarations of the film maker, the producer and ... Grang鮠These three after 20 min of babbling were unable to explain what was going on in the film concerning its main story. A piece of anthology... of inanity and unplanned humor.

E.Borgers POLAR NOIR http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir HARD-BOILED MYSTERIES http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

Karin Montin

___________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Mail r驮vente le mail ! D飯uvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface r鶯lutionnaire. http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/gi.u7A/fOaOAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM