RARA-AVIS: De Villiers

From: juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi
Date: 08 Jun 2006

Marianne,

Gerard de Villiers is a real person and his Malko books came first from a real publisher, but it does seem that nowadays he's publishing them through his own outfit. The books have also been translated widely, even in the US, if I remember correctly.

I haven't read any of them, but I'd suspect there's some hardboiled feel to them, but they are also spy novels.

Here are some links:

http://www.editionsgdv.com/ (de Villiers' own publishing house?) http://www.bibliopoche.com/editeur/Villiers_Gerard_de/118.html http://www.sasmalko.com/ http://www.denistouret.net/constit/Villiers_Gerard_de.html http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%A9rard_de_Villiers http://www.journaldunet.com/0011/001129collecties.shtml

There seems to be nothing in English, but there are some films made from his books:

http://akas.imdb.com/name/nm0898375/

-- Juri

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Home is just a click away.  Make Yahoo! your home page now. http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM