Re: RARA-AVIS: Gischler's Shotgun Opera + Gun Monkey

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 16 May 2006

I do not remember if I said already here something about another novel by Gischler: GUN MONKEYS. If not already done, I strongly suggest to Vicki to read it. In that one, characters are also a bit over the top, but just enough to be still credible "in the hard-boiled world of the noir/hb novel of the fifties and later". It's tough, but speaks of tough guys. So... Murder is part of the life of the central character, who is not exactly an eagle for strategies but unbeatable in the field. Humor is also there, but in its darker form, even close to a certain cynicism. A real good novel. (Only the last part is weaker as it repeats the same patterns for the cascade of very violent events; but it's really well written and this weakness is not an obstacle for the reader who stays captivated by the intrigues).

E.Borgers HARD-BOILED MYSTERIES http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384 POLAR NOIR http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir

vhend1234@aol.com a 飲it :

___________________________________________________________________________ Faites de Yahoo! votre page d'accueil sur le web pour retrouver directement vos services pr馩r鳠: v鲩fiez vos nouveaux mails, lancez vos recherches et suivez l'actualit頥n temps r饬. Rendez-vous sur http://fr.yahoo.com/set

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Home is just a click away.  Make Yahoo! your home page now. http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM