RARA-AVIS: Re: Richard Helms--Psychosis and characters in hardboiled and noir mysteries

From: Charlie Williams ( cs_will@hotmail.com)
Date: 24 Mar 2006

I also appreciated Rick's post on psychosis, and didn't get around to replying. Rick, do you think you can be too close to all this stuff, as a writer of fiction? Someone like you, who knows the facts, might be too much a slave to authenticity, whereas the rest of us idiots can just make it up.

Cheers,

Charlie.