RARA-AVIS: The roots of Noir Fiction

From: Jesse Willis ( jessewillis@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Jan 2006

Hey all, I've been having some fun with my new review and commentary blog devoted to Crime, Mystery, Noir Fiction Audio, you can check it out at:

http://www.AurNoir.com/

My two latest entries there are links to a scholarly podcast that originates from Stanford University, both of which very nicely illustrate the origins of Noir fiction, at least for me. Basically that it has classical origins. The show's host doesn't talk about noir, and neither do his guests, but if you go in with that thought in your head I think you'll see the connection,I did. This also ties in very nicely with an ancient thread on RARA AVIS from 2003 started by Michael Robison, about Greek and Roman morality.

Jesse

SFFAudio: http://www.sffaudio.com Table Treasures & Gifts: http://stores.ebay.com/id=4920689My Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessewillis/