Re: RARA-AVIS: Joe Lansdale

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 25 Sep 2005

I just got an e-mail from Joe, who lives in Nacogdoches, TX. I asked how he came out in the hurricane and he and his family are fine, but the house was totally wrecked by trees that fell on it. So terrible. Probably almost all their possessions lost, from the sounds of his brief message. A good time to fill out our Lansdale collections! The insurance will be slow and generally falls short, as I know from living in FL. If you haven't got THE BIG BLOW, it's one of his greats, dark and gritty, set during the hurricane in Galveston in the early 1900's, using many true details. Vicki