Re: RARA-AVIS: adaptations

From: Kukana Fields ( kukanafields@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Sep 2005

I just wanted to say that I haven't seen the movie yet, but I do consider Scott Phillips one of the best American novelists working today. We're lucky to have him! I'll be down at my local movie house the day "Ice Harvest" comes out.
  kent

DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net wrote: The other day, I saw previews for A History of Violence, David Cronenberg's adaptation of John Wagner's and Vince Locke's graphic novel of the same name. The previews looked pretty good. I just dug out my copy of the graphic novel to re-read before the movie comes out. By the way, that graphic novel was put out by Paradox, the same people who put out Road to Perdition.

I also saw a poster for The Ice Harvest (though no previews). So I guess that may finally be coming out. It seems to have been held up for quite a while, which normally doesn't bode well. Did it play any festivals? Has anyone here seen it?

Mark