Re: RARA-AVIS: adaptations

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 16 Sep 2005

-----Original Message----- From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net Sent: Sep 16, 2005 3:03 PM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RARA-AVIS: adaptations

I also saw a poster for The Ice Harvest (though no previews). So I guess that may finally be coming out. It seems to have been held up for quite a while, which normally doesn't bode well. Did it play any festivals? Has anyone here seen it?

Mark

Scott Phillips, author of the book, has seen it and absolutely LOVES it. Everyone involved with the production and distribution is very high on it. They've moved the release date a number of times because they actually think it deserved a BETTER slot than they had originally chosen. I know that's not usually the case, but it appears to be here. They've put it in blockbuster season and also positioned it so that it might pick up some nominations. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one.

Great book, too.

TL