RARA-AVIS: Re: Harrington is a Hard Case

From: hardcasecrime ( editor@hardcasecrime.com)
Date: 13 Sep 2005

You're not the first person to make the suggestion -- in fact, you're something like the fifth or sixth, so I did go out and hunt down a copy of DARK RIDE. It's sitting on my to-be-read shelf as we speak, and given everthing I've heard about it, I'm very excited to read it.

I should note that for the reprint side of our line we generally look for books that were originally published at least 30 years ago (and often 40 or 50) and that were last published at least 10 years ago
(and often 20 or 30 -- or 40 or 50), so DARK RIDE's a bit recent by our standards (the mass market copy I have says it's from August 1997)...but we might conceivably make an exception if a book struck us as just perfect in every other way.

Of course, what we would REALLY love to see is an original novel that's just as good as DARK RIDE but has never been published...

Best, Charles
-------- Charles Ardai Editor, Hard Case Crime

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Terrill Lankford
<lankford2000@e...> wrote:
> Can I make an obvious observation? We have Hard Case Crime in da
house. And Kent Harrington in da house. How about you guys get together and bring us reprints of DARK RIDE and DIA with those great Hard Case covers?

> And if those work out, Kent's got at least three more terrific
books that could stand the Hard Case treatment.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM