RARA-AVIS: Re: Welcome to Vicki Hendricks, guest of honour

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 08 Apr 2005

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "thebradstevens"
<bradstevens22@h...> wrote:

> > Not exactly what happens - Haskell hits his head when he falls out
> of
> > the car. Al knows he'll be accused of a murder,
>
> The implication is that he is already dead when he falls out of the
> car (we had already seen him taking pills for his heart condition).
> Al seems to simply be looking for an excuse to steal the guy's car!

We'll have to choose to disagree on this one. I saw this one a few months ago, and it seemed pretty clear that while the driver was already dead, Al was convinced he'd be accused of murder because of the injury to the man's head. Anyway, I found the movie's vision of noir unique, a man doomed because of a sequence of bad luck as opposed to consequences from his own actions.

-Dave Z.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM