Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Welcome to Vicki Hendricks, guest of honour

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 08 Apr 2005

In a message dated 4/7/05 10:43:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jmaxgilbert@yahoo.com writes:

> > oh, I think they often go looking for trouble. by that I mean,
> they're
> > oftentimes the initial instrument of their ultimate destruction
> >
> > John Lau
> >
> I would agree that the noir "hero" is usually responsible for what
> happens to him or herself, but they don't go into a situation aware of
> what might happen to them. The hardboiled PI or cop or even criminal
> inhabits a world of violence and is aware of the possibilities, the
> noir hero inhabits an everyday world that suddenly spins out of
> control. That's the distinction I was trying to make.
> Max

I never thought of it that way before, but you're absolutely right. Vicki

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM