RARA-AVIS: Re: Endings of Parker and Marlowe

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Dec 2004

I, too, just finished this book and found it most satisfying. Undeniably, there is emotion creeping into the series. Parker is a dinosaur (as are all individualists in the age of organization) but we feel he is real; perhaps that is why we root for him. We want him to escape. In retrospect, the entire series is not about heists but about escape.

I am about to open Black Money (first edition, nice jacket, dedicated to Robert Easton, and who was he?) It doesn't say A Borzoi Book, though... a dissapointment.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM