Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Endings of Parker and Marlowe

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 21 Dec 2004

> I am about to open Black Money (first edition, nice jacket,
> dedicated to Robert Easton, and who was he?) It doesn't say A
> Borzoi Book, though... a dissapointment.
>
> Best,
>
> MrT

The only Robert Easton I know of is Frederick Faust's son-in-law and the author of the biography MAX BRAND: THE BIG WESTERNER, as well as several historical novels. I've also been told that when Faust's pulp serials were issued in hardback by Dodd, Mead that Easton did a considerable amount of editing and rewriting on them, but I don't know if that's true or not. I know that some of the Max Brand novels published by Dodd, Mead are considerably shorter than they were in their original pulp appearances. Easton lived in California, so he may have known Millar. (Doesn't everybody in California know everybody else there? Of course they do.)

My copy of BLACK MONEY is a first, too, but no dust jacket.

James Reasoner

$4.98 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything. http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM