RARA-AVIS: Re: Cain Line

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 07 Dec 2004

Juri,

Al Guthrie wrote me off-list to remind me of Thompson's first noir novel, Nothing More Than Murder, which is heavily influenced by Cain - although it does has a lot of pure Thompson touches to it. Also, that when Thompson taught a college creative writing course, Double Indemnity was on the reading list (didn't know that gem - thanks Al!) So I guess Cain did have some influence on Thompson, although I don't see it in Thompson's later noir novels.

-Dave Z.

.

> Dave Z:
>
> you are much more read in the genre than I am. Thanks for your
message about Thompson, Faulkner etc.

$4.98 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything. http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM