Re: RARA-AVIS: Andrew Klavan (was:Shotgun Alley)

From: E.Borgers ( wbac12034@tiscali.be)
Date: 03 Dec 2004

Yes, the movie TRUE CRIME is based on the book by Klavan. The film itself is certainly not one of the bests by Eastwood. It's an average mainstream thriller, salvaged by a good cast. It's showing some flaws of the death penalty, without really tackling the deep base of the problem or its ethics. But I cannot tell you if this lack came from the book itself, as after about one hundred pages I dropped it... Real pedestrian writing and padded construction. I could not understand why this book got the fame it reached at the time (I "read" it before I saw the film). By the way, it's the only book I gave immediately away (to some charity book fair) since years... Normally I keep all books I buy, good and others, but I was so p... off by this one that I could not stand to see it on my shelves anymore. Yeah... such a bad temper...

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384 Polar Noir http;//www.geocities.com/polarnoir

DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net :

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM