Re: RARA-AVIS: VENGEANCE IS MINE

From: James R. Winter ( winter_writes@earthlink.net)
Date: 01 Dec 2004

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Michael Robison
<miker_zspider@y...> wrote:

> When Spillane wrote Daly a letter thanking him
> for the inspiration, Daly sued him.

Guess that makes Daly the George Lucas of his day. Remember when Lucas sued anyone putting spaceships and laser beams in their stories? Then had to back pedal when they made STAR TREK into a movie? This sounds exactly like that.

> The reasons behind rage and paranoia follow fashion,
> but the raw emotions themselves have been constants in
> literature from the very beginning.

Maybe so, but I don't think Hammer or Race Williams would have cut it in the late thirties or forties. The fifties were an angry time, calling for an angry man. Hammer fits that bill nicely, esp. in ONE LONELY NIGHT.

Jim Winter