RARA-AVIS: Re: One Ross Macdonald book

From: Chuck G. ( chgenoe2@prodigy.net)
Date: 01 Dec 2004

Hi Bill, I started off with THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF PRIVATE EYE STORIES to get a feel for the genre. Since then I've read FREAK and MINNESOTA STRIP by Michael Collins, EIGHT MILLION WAYS TO DIE and A TICKET TO THE BONE YARD by Robert Block, RED HARVEST by Hammett, LITTLE SISTER by Chandler, THE MONKEY'S RAINCOAT and STALKING THE ANGEL by Robert Crais, EVERYBODY HAD A GUN and HAVE GAT WILL TRAVEL by Richard Prather, and ONE LONELY NIGHT by Mickey Spillane. I really like Robert Block and Michael Collins. Right now I'm in the middle of THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF PULP FICTION. I have a lot of others in my 'to read' pile, and I'll need something for a long road trip. I'm thinking either BLACK ECHO by Michael Connelly or FAREWELL MY LOVELY by Chandler. Any thoughts?

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, William Denton <buff@p...> wrote:
> On 1 December 2004, Chuck G. wrote:
>
> : I'm new to the list and have been lurking for a while. I would
love to
> : participate in a Ross Macdonald month. I'm fairly new to the
genre, but
> : since the spring I've been reading as much hard-boiled and PI
fiction as
> : I can get. I've only read to Archer novels: THE IVORY GRIN and
FIND A
> : VICTIM, and the collection THE NAME IS ARCHER, so any thing else
will be
> : a new experience for me.
>
> Welcome to the list! What other writers have you been reading and
> enjoying so far?
>
> Bill
> --
> William Denton : Toronto, Canada : http://www.miskatonic.org/ :
Caveat lector.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM