RARA-AVIS: Tough losers

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Aug 2004

Mario wrote about Harrington's DARK RIDE protagonist:

No, I don't think he was tough in the hardboiled sense. He was egotistical, spoiled and crazy --a psycho, in fact. And he doesn't lose, does he? Except his mind, that is...

************* I'll have to way disagree with you on all counts, Mario. He's tough enough to set up and take out a dangerous ex-con. He's cool enough to work at covering up a very messy death. He walks into a nest of vipers and cleans house. Very tough. Egotistical, spoiled, and crazy, too, maybe, but very tough.

SPOILER FOLLOWS...

And at the end the politicos have got him pegged for murder and are getting ready to cart him out and kill him. If that's not losing, I don't know what is.

miker