Re: RARA-AVIS: List moving to Yahoo Groups. Please come along!

From: Ivan Van Laningham ( ivanlan@pauahtun.org)
Date: 20 Aug 2004

Hi All--

William Denton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have moved RARA-AVIS over to Yahoo Groups, Yahoo's free mailing list
> service. It has three benefits:
>
> 1. It's free, for you and for me as the list-owner.
> 2. It's stable.
> 3. It's easier for you to use, and has more features.

It also has ads, and I (and many others) think that Yahoo sells information about members to spammers. If you had asked, I would have suggested that we move the list to my server, where it's free and there are no ads. It's also just as easy for people to use. The only drawback is that there is no place for members to share files, or set up polls. I haven't seen members do either one on the list so far.

Metta, Ivan

---------------------------------------------- Ivan Van Laningham God N Locomotive Works http://www.pauahtun.org/ http://www.foretec.com/python/workshops/1998-11/proceedings.html Army Signal Corps: Cu Chi, Class of '70 Author: Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours