RARA-AVIS: List moving to Yahoo Groups. Please come along!

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 19 Aug 2004

Hi,

I have moved RARA-AVIS over to Yahoo Groups, Yahoo's free mailing list service. It has three benefits:

1. It's free, for you and for me as the list-owner. 2. It's stable. 3. It's easier for you to use, and has more features.

But first we all have to join the list at its new home. I am about to invite you to the new list. You will receive a message from Yahoo, and all you have to do is hit Reply and send the message back. You'll get a confirmation message saying you're on the list. That's all there is to it.

(If you already have an account with Yahoo Groups, then you can just add the rara-avis-l group to your membership there. If don't have a Yahoo Groups membership, you can sign up for one, and it has some advantages, but you don't need it to be on RARA-AVIS. There's no need to bother.)

The address of the list--the place to send your mail so everyone sees it--is

rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com

Don't forget the -l at the end! That's the letter L, as in "list."

If you have any problems at all, please let me know and I'll fix them. We may have a few days of mild confusion while the list is configured so we're all comfortable, but then we'll all be back together talking about hardboiled and noir writing.

Please watch for the invitation message and reply to it to join the list at its new home. See you there! And please let me know if you have any trouble.

Since the digest version of the list is broken, I'm sending individual messages to all the people that were on it.

Bill