RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS recent reading

From: Marianne Macdonald ( marianne.macdonald@lineone.net)
Date: 09 Jun 2004

On Wednesday, June 9, 2004, at 08:00 am, RARA-AVIS Digest wrote:

> Bill Denton wrote:
>
>> What all have you folks been reading?

Well, apart from well-noted-here gobsmacked discovery of Sallis, I'm in the middle of James Kelman's TRANSLATED ACCOUNTS. I've liked Kelman, a Scottish writer who makes Rankin feel cozy, ever since HOW LATE IT WAS, HOW LATE was published years ago. Not really genre stuff, but definitely hb and very (neo?let's not go there now) noir.

Marianne Macdonald