Re: RARA-AVIS: Question for Mr. Sallis

From: David Wright ( dwright333@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Feb 2004

     I like your stuff a lot too, Jim, although I must confess I read them all back-to-back in a two-week-long debauch a while back, after which I spent a few months reading some of the names you'd dropped. This may be part of the appeal of your stuff for me, working as a readers' advisor in a library - I love those associative links...

      What do you - (or other list members) - think of Jerome Charyn's Isaac Sidel stuff? I absolutely love it, but I can't quite figure out why - it is almost as if I'm under the influence when I read them... I link the two of you in my mind, even though you write dissimilar stuff, as crime writers with a difference - writers who mess with the conventions in radical ways, and yet remain enjoyable reads...

===== David Wright - Seattle Public Library Fiction Dept.

"Literature is a luxury; fiction is a necessity."
                 -G.K. Chesterton