Re: RARA-AVIS: Anyone read this?

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 20 Feb 2004

Jim wrote:

"Despite the presence of Robert De Niro and some reportedly very sexy scenes, I couldn't bring myself to revisit the material by seeing Angel Heart."

Athough a bit explicit for its time, I think the sex scene (only one that I recall) was really controversial because blood was dripping down on, and eventually drenching Lisa Bonet during the scene (probably added to the notoriety that she was still a Cosby kid in most people's minds at the time). It was a bit of her writhing in blood that was cut for the R-rated version. And as others have noted, the movie was pretty bad.

However, after hearing the book was so much better, I finally gave it a chance. It was, but it didn't take much. I pretty much agree with James's take on it. I enjoyed it a bit, but the ending certainly held no surprise.

Mark