RE: RARA-AVIS: TOC queries -- semi-urgent

From: Luca Conti ( luca.conti8@tin.it)
Date: 10 Feb 2004

Andrew Albert J. Ty wrote:
> Can anyone give me the TOCs of the following anthologies?
> (1) A Century of British Mystery and Suspense
> (2) Great Stories of Suspense selected by Ross Macdonald

I have the Macdonald selection (Knopf, 1974), which contains:

4 novels:
- Enquiry, by Dick Francis
- What Mrs McGillicuddy Saw, by Agatha Christie
- The Big Clock, by Kenneth Fearing
- The Far Side of the Dollar, by Ross Macdonald

11 stories:
- Wet Saturday, by John Collier
- The Payoff, by Stanley Ellin
- The Basement Room, by Graham Greene
- Fly Paper, by Dashiell Hammett
- The Five-Forty-Eight, by John Cheever
- The Baby in the Icebox, by James M. Cain
- The Couple Next Door, by Margaret Millar
- The Landlady, by Roald Dahl
- The Amateur, by Michael Gilbert
- The Terrapin, by Patricia Highsmith
- The Comforts of Home, by Flannery O'Connor

1 novella:
- The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, by R.L. Stevenson

Plus a very good introduction by Macdonald himself.

Best, Luca

Luca Conti